19 October 2013

Al Mundial!


Chile, as a whole, has been fairly quiet as of late. They keep telling me the weather is warming up, but I'm not convinced just yet.  I still find it cold and windy most days.  School is going well for me.  I can't believe I have just a few weeks left in the semester.  It has gone by so quickly.

In other more exciting news, last Tuesday Chile qualified for the World Cup in Brazil next Summer. Every bar in the country with a TV was packed. The streets were full of people dressed in red in support of the team. Once Chile won, people were dancing and celebrating in the streets until the wee hours of the morning. Cars were driving by honking with people hanging out the windows waving Chilean flags. It was a grand night for the country! 

Estatua Cristo Redentor en Rio de Janeiro con bandera chilena
Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro with Chilean flag
http://grm10img.emol.com/Fotos/2013/10/16/file_20131016125750.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment